Visit the Humane Society at one of the best Airshows in California!
Highlights of the aerial show:
- Aerobatic displays including:
- The Red Bull Helicopter, piloted by the world’s only aerobatics helicopter pilot, Chuck Aaron.
- War Dog, John Collver’s AT-6.
- Tumbling Bear, a Zlin 50LX, piloted by Rob Harrison.
- Jason Somes in the CAF’s Grumman F8F-2 Bearcat.
- The Flying Wing – the Northrop NM-9, the precursor to modern stealth bombers.
- Two of the four P-38 Lightening fighters still flying in the US.
- All four famous Grumman ‘Cats’ – the F4F Wildcat, the F6F-5 Hellcat, the F8F-2 Bearcat and the F7F Tigetcat.
- A very rare restored Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIV owned by the CAF.
- A replica Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX.
- A Fairey Firefly – a British war bird and one of only 25 in the world still flying.
- An A6M3 Mitsubishi Zero – one of only three in the world still capable of flight.
- A replica Caudron C-460 – a racing plane from the 1930′s. This will be only the third time this plane has ever been shown as it has only appreared previously once at the Paris air show and once at Oshkosh.
- A DeHaviland Gypsy Moth.
- A B-25 (Executive Sweet) and a C-53D (D-Day Doll).
- Three formation flights during the show PLUS a spectacular modified ‘fur ball’ as the climax.
- Many other planes – war birds, classics and experimentals.
The aerial display takes place from noon to 4pm each day. Before this you can stroll among these planes as they will be on static display, along with many other planes and helicopters, in the morning – a traditional feature of the Camarillo Airshows being the accessibility of the planes to the public. In the afternoon, the viewing line affords an almost unique opportunity to see the planes clearly as they taxi by, take off and land – and, of course, as they fly by in aerobatic and other exciting aerial displays.
The ground events feature activities and entertainment for the whole family, with a special Kid’s Corner. As always, there will be a variety of vendors food, drink, aviation themed items and other goods.